Sunday, November 07, 2010

When is a quarter a half of a fifth or a third? When it is ajar....that's when.



So last night Wifey and I go out to a local BBQ place for a bite to eat.

Wifey wants a BBQ chicken sandwich, I want a burger.

Here is the conversation.

WIFEY: "I want the bbq chicken and I also want a hamburger, but I can't eat that much."

ME: "Why don't we split it up...you give me half of your chicken sandwich and I'll give you half of my burger."

WIFEY: "That sounds good but I don't want half of your burger...just cut me a piece."

----
So our food arrives. I cut my burger into four equal sized pieces. Some people would call that quarters.

So I give Wifey 1/4 of my burger (Remember...she didn't want half)

WIFEY: "That's all you're giving me???"

--

So let's sum up:

Somehow you have to be a math wizard to figure out how much food to give Wifey. Half is too much, a quarter is too little. Sorry, Baby....but food don't be coming in no fifths or thirds.

-----

4 comments:

Puzzin Caul said...

I would think you wife would be used to things that are 1/4 sized...

Sparkle Plenty said...

I'm thinkin' you gave her the "runty one quarter." There's always a "runty one quarter."

Cake said...

I think Sparkle's right...and it was probably mostly bun with a little bit of mustard on the corner.

Sparkle Plenty said...

YEAH! Mostly bun...a smattering of limp lettuce...a lil' crusty, dried-up mustard on the corner.